We love lunchboxes; so much so, we designed the Perfect Bento!
The story behind the Perfect Bento
Mum Made Yum loves playing around with different lunchboxes on her Instagram @mum_made_yum. However she was frustrated by the flaws and limitations of other designs. After months of testing, research and design, Mum Made Yum designed the Perfect Bento Lunchbox.
In the design process, it was important that the Mum Made Yum Bento Lunchbox ticked all the boxes. The unique design converts from a 4 to 6 compartment lunchbox within seconds with its versatile removable insert. This feature was important, as we know that this helps picky eaters separate their foods, as well as having the flexibility to fit a whole sandwich or wrap in the bento!
- Personalised: Mum Made Yum Bento Lunchboxes can be custom made with your or your childs name on it.
- Convertible 4 or 6 compartment bento with it's one of a kind removable insert
- Made from tough and sturdy ABS (outer shell), Tritan (inner shell) & Silicone (seal)
- BPA Free, Non-Toxic material
- Leak-Proof. Suction-Seal lid is designed to avoid leaks between each compartment, meaning thick liquids such as yogurts, sauces or dips won't leak between compartments
- Specially designed removable silicone seal can easily be cleaned
- Dishwasher (top rack) & Microwave safe
- Easy to open secure clip for little hands
As a mother of 2 kids, Zoe & Ari, Alison knew first hand how difficult it can be to feed fussy kids!
This common struggle led Alison to share her food inspiration on her Instagram page @mum_made_yum. There she discovered her love and passion for sharing kids lunchbox inspiration with her audience.
Alison heard from so many parents about their highs and lows of lunchbox packing, feeding kids and feedback on lunchbox products.
In early 2021, Alison decided to take her passion and love for lunchboxes, and set off on designing her own (perfect) range of bento lunchboxes, the Mum Made Yum Bento.
Alison's purpose was to design the perfect bento to help parents & kids throughout the lunchbox packing (and eating) experience. Mum Made Yum is all about creative & fun lunchboxes, encouraging kids to try different food groups and eat a balanced diet; while making it easier for parents.
Alison with her husband Robert and their kids, Zoe & Ari, at their home in Melbourne.
Get in touch!